Director Antibody Engineering - BioTech française
Présentation de l'entreprise
CDG CONSEIL, executive search and assessment firm specialized in the health industry, is recruiting for its client, a biopharmaceutical company that develops cutting-edge immunotherapy (using bispecific and multispecific antibodies), a Director Antibody Engineering located in Paris.
Présentation du poste
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Director of Antibody Engineering and Biochemistry will provide strong leadership and direction for all the company's internal and external activities regarding the platform. (S)He will be responsible for the development of the antibody platform to generate next- generation multi-specific antibodies and for the delivery and biomanufacturing of candidates suitable for clinical development.The incumbent will also be part of the management team.
The Director of Antibody engineering will manage the entire multi-specific antibody platform including:
- Guide and ensure the design, molecular modelling, engineering, generation and optimization of proprietary multi- specific antibody candidates and proprietary multi-specific antibody formats
- Provide scientific expertise and strategic vision to ensure the development platform to the next level.
- Lead and manage all aspects of Biochemistry to ensure high quality drug candidates suitable for clinical development.
- Organize the Antibody Engineering/Production team and lab, participate to recruitment of suitable scientists to ensure the growth and success of the unit.
- Represent the company at events, communicate with industrial and academic partners and expand the company's footprint and visibility in Europe and the US.
Duties also include:
- Lead innovation and platform development.
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques.
- Provide extensive "know how" on protein expression, purification and QC to the "Unit".
- Responsible for the global and day-to-day running of the "Unit" including long/short range planning, budget and organization.
- Contribute to the interpretation of results.
- Manage planning of the unit, balance resources to support several preclinical projects and ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Guide the team and ensure development of employees.
- Take accountability for the unit and for delivering on company objectives.
- Take responsibility to ensure scientific excellence and the generation of high quality of data.
- Define the "Unit" goals in line with company objectives.
- Identify opportunities for development of the platform and novel initiatives.
- Regular updates, both written and oral, to the management.
- Manage external collaborations.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific documents (e.g. patents, publications and external grant proposals).
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline.
- From 5/7+ years in pharma/Biotech organizations
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- High scientific integrity.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the design, molecular modelling, optimization and development of mono-, bi- and multi-specific antibodies.
- Extensive know-how in the expression, purification and quality control of antibodies.
- Deep understanding of antibody structure, function and engineering.
- Networking within the French academic and biotech community will be a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and mentor efficient teams.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to continuously moving and fast-paced environment, whilst delivering upon objectives.
- Abble to work under the pressure and to be flexible in a demanding environment in contact with internal & external people.
- Proactive with a "Hands on" attitude and a "can do" mindset.
- Takes the initiative and leads by example.
- Agile thinker and problem solver.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Engaged with and loyal to colleagues and company.
- Comfortable in an environment with a degree of uncertainty and change.
Type de contrat
Lieu de travail
Conformément au Règlement Européen (RGPD) N°2016/679 du Parlement européen et du Conseil du 27 avril 2016, je valide connaître mon droit d’accéder aux données me concernant et de les faire rectifier ou supprimer en contactant : [email protected]
En soumettant ce formulaire, j’accepte que les informations saisies soient exploitées dans le cadre de ma recherche d’emploi par toute personne ayant un intérêt à l’étude de ma candidature : recruteur, opérationnel, décideur, ou client du cabinet de recrutement CDG Conseil pour la durée strictement nécessaire à la finalisation du processus de recrutement.