Senior R&D Engineer
Présentation de l'entreprise
CDG Conseil, an executive search firm specialised in Life Sciences is looking for a Senior R&D Engineer F/M for its client, developing a device to treat common heart defects.
Under the direction of the CEO, the Senior R&D Engineer will be responsible for conducting and managing our internal and external R&D activities.
Présentation du poste
- Building and testing balloon catheter and delivery system prototypes in collaboration with other R&D team members.
- Analyzing test data.
- Setting up of internal prototyping facilities.
- Developing test methods, setting up tooling, fixtures, manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Working closely with key suppliers.
The role will substantially determine the technical strategy, but also the culture of the new company.
The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure start-up environment with quick communication, rapid iterative design and prototyping work, and strong organizational skills. The ability to juggle multiple short and long-term deadlines is a must. Ability to prioritize is critical to the success of this role.
- Experience with the development of polymeric class-III implants, preferably cardiovascular/structural heart implants.
- Familiarity with standard project management tools and design controls.
- Design and development experience with delivery systems for medical implants.
- Understanding the translation from CAD to bench to animal model to human anatomy.
- Experience assembling/building small-scale prototypes.
- Experience with biomaterials, polymer synthesis, polymer characterization and degradation.
- Experience with test method development, testing and validation of test methods.
- Experience with bonding operations, heat, laser, adhesive, etc.
- Experience with extrusion and multi-lumen shafts
- Proven track record to manage outside vendors and development partners.
- High level of autonomy as well as team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering the project on time and in budget.
- Hands-on attitude, out of the box thinking, cooperative attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills, stress-resistance.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and operate proactively.
- Ability to see “the big picture” within the project in order to be a primary resource to others.
- MSc level technical/engineering education, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the development of delivery systems
- Fluent command of English, French is a nice-to-have
- Ethics and personal values: the candidate is expected to operate with the highest levels of ethics and values and function in full trust from the team, the board and the investors.
- High Emotional Intelligence in order to understand verbal and non-verbal cues and manage relationships over geographical distance.
- Ownership and drive to execution: Hands-on, down-to-earth, self-driven and able to work with minimum day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to relocate to Paris, France.
Type de contrat
Lieu de travail
Conformément au Règlement Européen (RGPD) N°2016/679 du Parlement européen et du Conseil du 27 avril 2016, je valide connaître mon droit d’accéder aux données me concernant et de les faire rectifier ou supprimer en contactant : info @ cdgconseil.fr
En soumettant ce formulaire, j’accepte que les informations saisies soient exploitées dans le cadre de ma recherche d’emploi par toute personne ayant un intérêt à l’étude de ma candidature : recruteur, opérationnel, décideur, ou client du cabinet de recrutement CDG Conseil pour la durée strictement nécessaire à la finalisation du processus de recrutement.